Monday, February 27, 2012

Lake Superior Charter, September 2011

We had a half-dozen of us take a Lake Superior Charter out of Bayfield, WI.  Our crew consisted of my dad, brother, and nephew, Ferch, Keegan, and myself.  The charter captain was Ken Nourse on the Blackhawk II. A nice big boat, but Keegan got seasick and didn't want to reel in a fish on his turn.



  We did a half day charter and managed to catch 3 measly lake trout.  It was my nephew's first time, as well as Ferch and Keegan, so there was the newness factor for those guys. Here's my nephew's fish:


Here's Ferch and his whopper, you know come to think about it that's the smallest fish I've ever seen him photographed with!


And last but not least here's mine:


Ferch was up from Owatonna, MN and was staying at my house, so we cooked up some fresh lake trout on the grill for supper that night, that was some tasty trout!  We might have to try it again next year, can't have 2 bad seasons in a row out there can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment