Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Al Areen Wildlife Park, Oil Well #1

We started our day today by going on base and sending out my carpets and some other trinkets that could be shipped via USPS, picked up a couple of US Navy Tee shirts and then boogied out of there before Gundy got sidetracked from his vacation.  We went to the Al Areen Wildlife Park and Preserve and got some up close views of some animals that may or may not have been native to this island...

We start our photographic journey with a look at one of the Patriot missile batteries on the island, it just happened to be on the way to the park and it makes you stop and think a bit...



Now we're at the park:


One of the first thing to catch my eye were the baby goats, and I thought Abby might like them...



Then we got to handle a falcon...



The camels were very friendly:



The ostriches were expecting...more ostriches:


Big ostrich!


This fella busted loose from containment:


I don't know who was watching who:



Indian Porcupine:


African Spurred Tortoise:


The fugitive:


Rock the...



Here I am at Oil Well #1.  It is the very first oil well in the whole Persian Gulf region.  Now I have been there:


What a full day again!  We have been cramming so many different things into each day, every day is more and more EPIC!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy one of those falcons and bring it home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have the wrong car insurance company for that...

    ReplyDelete