Sunday, March 25, 2012

Grand Mosque, the Manama Souq & Some Goofing Around Back Home

We went out for lunch at a place called Coco, great food and a very tasty peach iced tea.  Gayla and I went to the Grand Mosque after that.  That afternoon I had to pick up my suit I had made, so Scott, Reagan and I went back into the souq and took care of that business.

Outside the Grand Mosque:



Inside the main worship hall.  The alcove in the far end of the hall is in the direction of Mecca so that's the way the worshipers face.


I would have loved to see more of the mosque but we had a rather talkative imam guiding us around and we didn't move as quickly as we could have, but I did learn something about Islam.  Now off to the souq again!

Here's Reagan getting some street roasted peanuts:


Here I am at a busy intersection in the Manama Souq:


Here's the Manama skyline after dark:



After the souq we put on our Arab robes and had some fun.  Gayla was a sport and put on her abaya(sp?) too.  These things are rather comfortable so we kept them on for a while and played pool



Even Alex got in on the fun:


That's all for tonight, stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment