Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fort Arad, Dhows, and Go-carts

Wow another great day in Bahrain.  We started off the day by heading over to see Fort Arad.  All I can say is wow!  This fort was a guarded location as early as 2800 BC, due to the well that sits in the center of the courtyard.  In it's present form, information leads us to believe, since the 12th century.  This was so cool to see this thing.  I could just imagine crusaders trying to take that fort...what an awesome piece of history:


Here's a dude that wanted to get his photo taken with us...I forgot what his name was:


More fort:


It was awesome, we could climb all over the place on this fort, Gundy found a cannon, I don't think it was loaded but it sure looked old:


Outside the fort:


Now here I am standing in front of a dhow that is under construction, there was a fight going on amongst the workers, but I didn't feel like creating an international incident over getting an amusing pic:


Here's a better look at the dhow in question, oh, by the way a dhow is what they call the traditional boat used for fishing and gathering pearls and anything else on the water!


Now here's Reagan and I waiting our turn for a spin around the go-cart track.  I'll be posting some video when I get back home and have some more bandwidth:


And Scott and Reagan:


Another great day in the kingdom!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment